- Your conscious mind processes information somewhere around 40-60 bits per second, while your subconscious mind processes 11 milllion bits of information per second. No wonder we get frustrated when we seemingly can’t change certain aspects of ourselves. Or why we often feel the way we do. The conscious mind, the Chooser or Captain, is much slower at processing and is great at making decisions and declarations. However, if the subconscious mind is housing programs that don’t align, you might feel you “can’t change,” or it’s “just the way you are.” The subconscious can perform complex computing very quickly, so it is what’s actually running the show.
- The brain is 73% water. It only takes 2% dehydration to affect attention, memory and other brain skills.
- Teenage brains are not fully formed. A human brain isn’t fully cooked until around age 25. This is why I often tell my teens that they are not ready to come out of the oven, even though they think they’re done.
- The brain is a “random thought generator.” It can produce up to 50,000 thoughts per day.
- It’s estimated that up to 70% percent of these thousands of thoughts are negative – pessimistic, fearful, self-critical.
- Being able to multi-task is nothing to brag about. Your brain can’t learn or concentrate on two things at once. What it can do is quickly toggle back and forth between tasks. But doing so decreases your attention span, ability to learn, short-term memory, and overall mental performance. Pad your activities, tasks with at least 20 – 60 seconds of “space.” After checking email, before writing that proposal, sit back, close your eyes for 60 seconds and breathe. Between every task. Try it for one day. And for heaven’s sake, don’t pick up your phone.
- 95% of your decisions are actually taking place in the subconscious mind.
What to do with all this?
Give yourself a break.
See your thoughts as just thoughts being spit out by a really amazing brain. It’s only doing it’s job.
Look at the stories you are telling yourself — all. day. Look at the stories other people are telling you as well, and know that their 11 million bits are running them too.
Identifying what’s running you, and the layers of identities you have gathered over the years, is the opening to Freedom.
Free your Truth.